Saturday, November 05, 2005

A mom says 'thanks'


By now you probably know about the Student's Day of Silent Solidarity which I've tackled here and in my other blog several times the past month. You can read some anecdotes and comments written by the kids themselves about their experience in being quiet for a day and standing up for unborn children. It's all here. But one comment was from a mother who had this to say:

To Brian Kemper:

My 12 yr old daughter participated in the day of silence and had such an impact by her silence that I thought to reward her for her efforts and also keep the statement she made in her school fresh in the memories of the students that asked her about her stand. She recruited 3 fellow students, all of her 7 teachers, her counselor, her vice principal and a yard duty teacher to join in her stand by the end of the school day. She also handed out over 100 fliers by the end of the day. I would like to have a t-shirt made for her with the "she is a child, not a choice" logo on it, but realize that there might be copyright infringements on the use of this logo. Can you tell me if it is possible to purchase a shirt or have a copy of the design sent to me so I can have a shirt made for her? Thank you so much for hosting this stand. It does a mom's heart good to know that not everything I teach her is just something she considers to be "uncool" and blows it off. If she hadn't asked me if she could take this stand I wouldn't have known that she has listened to me in this respect. It is good to know that even at such a young age that my daughter is becoming a young lady that is worthy of my respect and is not ashamed to stand up for the right thing even when its not necessarily a "cool" thing.

Thank you,
Stephanie




posted by sunnyday at 10:31 AM

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

< < Home