Thursday, September 22, 2005

Just the beat of my own art

This illustration -- titled No Swimming -- is one of my favorites by American artist Norman Rockwell (1894-1978). Three posts down is Doctor and Doll, another of his works.

In case you haven't been scanning the list of links lately, I've included some art resources. Some of them are blogs (Fox in Socks, Humblearts Journal...); hence, the contents are updated regularly. There are a couple of portfolios and art gallery/shop websites in there (Robert Alejandro, Nuestra Tierra...) which more or less show the kind of work the artist does or the pieces that the shop carries. Others, like Karin Eriksson, not only have links to their blogs somewhere in their websites -- they also provide photos and links to those that inspire their art.

I hope you get to check these out sometime. There's watercolor, ink, oil, ceramics, glass, beadwork, clay and other materials that I'm not even familiar with! You'll find diversity in this list of links, as you'll get to see the work of artists from the Philippines, Sweden, Israel and Mexico (to name a few) represented here.

I don't know about you but when I look at the different artworks in those sites, I'm reminded of the inner richness of humanity and how artistic talent can reflect the richness of that which is around us.


posted by sunnyday at 12:20 AM

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

< < Home