Saturday, August 20, 2005

Wisdom in grass, doors & clamming up

Most of us have our favorite proverbs. I haven't forgotten the one that a friend emailed to me a few years back --

"If the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, imagine how high their water bill must be."

Neat huh? Whoever thought of that, thank you. It's a witty spin-off of the original saying; not to mention, words to take solace in during glass-half-empty moments.

Then there's the one which I came across at a discount bookstore while leafing through a Mary Engelbreit book --

"Teachers open the door, but you have to enter by yourself."

It's a Chinese proverb, and it sure puts the teacher-student perspective in a whole different light. And I'm not talking only about the classroom scenario.

Then just a few minutes ago, I stumbled upon another thought-provoking life tip while exploring the Heartwarmers site. Truly, the deepest and most helpful ideas are contained in the most seemingly shallow statements. *smiley*

"The two best times to keep your mouth shut are when you're swimming and when you're angry."



posted by sunnyday at 2:29 PM

2 Comments:
Blogger AsianSmiles said...

Hi Sunny..

this is a very timely post. Recent 'developments' in my cyberworld are proving that sometimes, it's better to clam up. At present, I am quite successful, but I'm not sure when I can keep it up (or shall I say, shut?)

I guess if the push comes to shove. I'll continue reading your articles here in LnLL, it helps me a lot.

Thanks.

11:52 PM  
Blogger sunnyday said...

Hmmm...well, the only thing that I'm struggling with in MY cyberworld as regards clamming up is dealing with these people who keep posting comments merely to advertise their businesses!!

Timely ba? I'm glad. And it's heartening to know that at least one person finds the materials here helpful *hug*

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

< < Home