Monday, September 05, 2005

Aubrey Anne

BeNotAfraid.net is on its second month of featuring Down Syndrome in every area of its website (Aug. & Sept. are devoted to this topic). There are stories and resources on the pre-natal diagnosis of DS, and under "Community" are discussions that anyone is free to take part in.

The following is just one of the stories found in the site.

----------------------------------------------

Aubrey Anne: Our Ray of Sunshine

I will never forget the night I found out I was pregnant with Aubrey. I was at work and I started feeling very queasy. I work in a hospital and knew pregnancy was a possibility so I had the lab run a blood test. I was so excited when it came back positive.

It was close to midnight but we called friends from work and woke them up. It was one big party. Everyone was hugging me and we were all laughing. It was such a joyous time. I came home and told my husband and children and more celebrating was done. How I wish that I could go back to those times of joy.

Things went fairly well with my pregnancy. I had morning sickness-well actually, morning, noon and night sickness, but I thought that meant that my hormone levels were high and that things were ok. I had also read that it was a sign that you were having a girl which was wonderful to me. I really wanted my daughter Marissa to have a sister.

Full story



posted by sunnyday at 11:58 PM

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

< < Home