Thursday, October 13, 2005

Keep your kids (and yourself) real amid tech

Phil is a stay-at-home dad, and his blog -- A Family Runs Through It -- is included in the list of blogs on the left. Now I'm going one step further and posting an interesting entry from his blog which I think many will find not only relevant but quite helpful, too:

Great article in the Wall Street Journal about how technology helps kids disconnect from their parents. If your child has a TV, computer, iPod, cellphone and stereo in their room, then it's no wonder they aren't talking to you.

I still find it hard to believe that nearly half of all 4-6 year-olds have a TV in their room. That's just so sad. The only media my kids are allowed in their rooms are books and music. The computer and TV are in a central area in the family room. We share those things, watching movies and TV shows together, and figuring out all the clues on the I Spy software. Sometime soon I'll be hooking their computer up to the Internet and installing a kid-friendly filter.

You can read the rest here


posted by sunnyday at 12:51 PM

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

< < Home